General custodian will work closely with the maintenance manager, and have hands-on experience in floor care and general cleaning. The custodian is responsible for keeping up with daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules and ensuring that the building is kept in a sanitary and presentable state at all times. Maintenance experience is not required, but preferred. Travel to different buildings as required.
- GED/High school diploma
- Computer Literacy
- Valid driver's license
- Must have own transportation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to meet on-call responsibilities
- Background in janitorial or cleaning services
- Honest and dependable
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send resume or pick up application and submit to: Dora Brown, Office Manager, Famicos Foundation, 1325 Ansel Rd., Cleveland, OH 44106. You may also email your resume to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Qualified candidates will have hands-on experience in plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, highly knowledgeable of REAC and the make-ready of apartments. Candidates must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to meet deadlines. Position requires on-call responsibilities. If you are a hard working individual that takes pride in doing the job well, this this position is for you. Benefits include competitive salary, health insurance and 401 (K).
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Dora Brown, Famicos Foundation, 1325 Ansel Rd., Cleveland, OH 44106. You may also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!
Community Network Weaver
Stockyard, Clark-Fulton, Brooklyn Centre Community Development Office
Summary: The Community Network Weaver is responsible for facilitating community-building initiatives designed to improve conditions in the Stockyard, Clark-Fulton and Brooklyn Centre neighborhoods. Success of the program will depend on the involvement of neighborhood residents, stakeholders and community institutions. The Community Network Weaver will need to demonstrate leadership skills that result in volunteer participation in program activities. Grant funding is committed for 12 months for this position.
- Network community residents and neighborhood based institutions to increase collaboration, relationship and community building and development and implementation of new initiatives that benefit the service area.
- Increase connectivity of neighborhood residents to one another.
- Network grassroots, community based non-profits and institutions to one another, creating opportunities for partnerships and collaborations.
- Connect residents and institutions together to create positive comprehensive community change.
- Manage the Cleveland TimeBank program.
- Implement a comprehensive network weaving model to increase resident engagement/involvement and connect residents to opportunities using as asset based approach.
- Coordinate youth leadership program, Network Nights, NeighborCircles, Storytelling program, Skill Share Workshops and various neighborhood programs.
- Develop programming and collaborative partnerships with all neighborhood based schools and education initiatives.
- Assist in the planning, marketing and implementation of community based events.
- Develop volunteer leaders among neighborhood residents, stakeholders and community institutions.
- Promote public relations and outreach campaigns.
- Serve as liaison with participating organizations and stakeholders.
- Submit required narratives and budget reports on a timely basis to ensure compliance with program guidelines.
- Collect and compile necessary data and evaluation requests.
- Develop program goals and measurable evaluation criteria.
- Prepare small grant proposals with neighborhood groups and community initiations to assist in project development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' degree (or equivalent work experience) in social work, urban studies, human services, non-profit administration or related field.
- Two years experience in community organizing or social service, or neighborhood development.
- Leadership and team building skills;
- Availability and willingness to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekends; local travel and some out-of-town travel required.
- Ability to work with people of all racial, ethnic and income backgrounds.
- Passion for creating social change, combined with sufficient detachment to allow residents to make their own decisions about issues, strategies and tactics.
- Self-motivation and an ability to work toward objectives with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills; proficiency in preparing written reports and business correspondence.
- Computer proficiency including Word, Excel and the use of the Internet.
- Driver's license, insurance and automobile in good condition.
- Master's degree;
- Fluency in Spanish;
- Three or more years of relevant work experience;
- Experience with grantsmanship, fundraising and budget preparation and reporting.
- Annual salary range is $25,000-$30,000, commensurate with experience.
- 10 paid holidays
- Employer contribution to 403(b) retirement program.
- Competitive health insurance offered with employer contribution.
- Paid vacation and sick time, prorated.
- Long term disability benefits.
Please email or mail cover letter and resume to: Adam Gifford, Director of Community Involvement, Stockyard, Clark-Fulton, Brooklyn Centre Community Development Office, 3167 Fulton Road, Suite 303, Cleveland, OH 44109. Email address is email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!